Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nationale 4-song Demo (June 2008)

/>

Matt, Jake, Carrie, and I recorded the four songs we'd been writing since January '08 on June 1st in the basement of the Holman House. It was recorded for a case of beer in one brutally long day. By June 15th, when we played a show with local bands Chrissakes, Incendiaries, and the Matt Kurz One, the demo had been mixed and mastered, so we released it.

You have to turn it up louder than the average cd, which I believe is pretty typical of demo-type releases. I'm okay with that.

Carrie and I spent hours and hours designing, printing, screening, etc. in my 10 X 10 room and also at her apt. We're selling the demos pretty much at cost and there are 85 of them. The deer photo is on cardstock and the lyrics are printed on a transparency. It comes with a sticker that matches the cover art. The CDs are spraypainted. You can sample some shit over at http://www.myspace.com/nationale706.

You can buy them by contacting me at zthrower@g m a i l .com - - they're $3.00, +$1 for s&h.

No comments: